Joytime

Joytime is the debut studio album by future bass producer Marshmello, released on 8 January 2016. The album features one single („Keep It Mello“ featuring Omar LinX).

The first single „Keep It Mello“ which consists vocals from rapper Omar LinX was released on 24 October 2015.

A remix by Marshmello and Slushii of „Want U 2“, a song in this album was released as a single, but not off this album.

Ryan James Blair of Festival Forecast gave Joytime a 7.5/10 rating stating „Joytime starts start strong with a screeching synth, mallet melodies, and a smooth bass as he taunts listeners with the vocal hook (Everybody Knows Me…. Marshmello). The rest of Joytime does not vary much from the opening track as each song sticks to the strong formula that includes a smooth bass line, sharp synths, simple risers and percussion buildups, trap hats and strong kicks. Summer is perhaps the biggest change of pace with a nice downtempo beat, but at times the sub bass can almost be overwhelming for the slower tempo and context.“

Pugilato ai Giochi della XX Olimpiade

Voce principale: Giochi della XX Olimpiade.












Saint Louis 1904 | Londra 1908 | Anversa 1920 | Parigi 1924 | Amsterdam 1928 | Los Angeles 1932 | Berlino 1936 | Londra 1948 | Helsinki 1952 | Melbourne 1956 | Roma 1960 | Tokyo 1964 | Città del Messico 1968 | Monaco 1972 | Montreal 1976 | Mosca 1980 | Los Angeles 1984 | Seul 1988 | Barcellona 1992 | Atlanta 1996 | Sydney 2000 | Atene 2004 | Pechino 2008 | Londra 2012 | Rio de Janeiro 2016

Atletica leggera · Badminton (dimostrazione) · Calcio · Canoa/kayak · Canottaggio · Ciclismo · Equitazione · Ginnastica · Hockey su prato · Judo · Lotta · Nuoto · Pallacanestro · Pallamano · Pallanuoto · Pallavolo · Pentathlon moderno · Pugilato · Scherma · Sci nautico (dimostrazione) · Sollevamento pesi · Tiro a segno/volo · Tiro con l’arco · Tuffi · Vela

Ghaleb Bencheikh

Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?) selon les recommandations des projets correspondants.

Ghaleb Bencheikh, né en 1960 à Djeddah en Arabie saoudite, est docteur ès sciences et physicien français d’origine algérienne.

Fils du Cheikh Abbas Bencheikh el Hocine, recteur de la Grande Mosquée de Paris de 1982 à 1989, il a suivi une formation philosophique et théologique, de pair avec sa formation scientifique. Il s’est fait connaître depuis 2000 comme animateur de l’émission Islam dans le cadre des émissions religieuses diffusées sur France 2 le dimanche matin.

Président de la Conférence mondiale des Religions pour la Paix, Ghaleb Bencheikh est connu aussi comme un islamologue érudit et humaniste. Il est l’invité de colloques et de congrès en France et à l’étranger. Vice-président des Artisans de Paix, président de l’association C3D (Citoyenneté, Devoirs, Droits, Dignité) et membre du comité de parrainage de la Coordination française pour la décennie de la culture de non-violence et de paix, il a été pendant 5 ans le vice-président de la Fraternité d’Abraham.

Défenseur de la laïcité et d’un monde fraternel, il est auteur d’ouvrages et d’essais en lien avec les problématiques des sociétés contemporaines. Il succède à Abdennour Bidar à la production de l’émission Cultures d’islam sur France Culture à partir de la mi-mai 2016.

Participation à :

Ruta Estatal de Nevada 726

US 95 en Fallon

US 95

La Ruta Estatal de Nevada 726, y abreviada SR 726 (en inglés: Nevada State Route 726) es una carretera estatal estadounidense ubicada en el estado de Nevada. La carretera inicia en el Oeste desde la US 95 en Fallon hacia el Este en la US 95 . La carretera tiene una longitud de 3 km (1.866 mi).

Al igual que las autopistas interestatales, y las rutas federales y el resto de carreteras estatales, la Ruta Estatal de Nevada 726 es administrada y mantenida por el Departamento de Transporte de Nevada por sus siglas en inglés Nevada DOT.

La Ruta Estatal de Nevada 726 es atravesada principalmente por la .

Coordenadas:

Sri Sunderaraja Perumal Temple

Sri Sundararaja Perumal Temple, better known as Klang Perumal Temple, is a 117-year-old temple located in Klang, Selangor in Malaysia. One of the oldest, and the largest of the Vaishnavite temples in Malaysia, it is often referred to as the „Thirupathi of South East Asia“ after its famous namesake in India.

The temple is located in the royal town of Klang, and is just a stone’s throw away from the popular Little India in Klang.

This temple is dedicated to the Lord Vishnu in the form of Perumal (also known as Thirumaal), a very popularly worshipped form by South Indians.

The Gopuram of this temple is one of the great landmarks of Klang, which stands proudly along Persiaran Raja Muda Musa. It shows many sculptures and carvings of different deities, representing many epics in simple image form.

Inside the temple, there are several complexes dedicated to different deities. At the center of the temple is the Perumal Sannathi, where Lord Perumal and His consort Goddess Mahalakshmi are situated. The center complex of Lord Perumal Sannathi contains a small gopuram with the statue of all Lord Vishnu’s avatars surrounding it.

On the right of the Perumal Sannathi is the Shivan Sannathi, which consists Lord Shiva, Lord Parvathi, Lord Vinayagar, Lord Muruga and Lord Ayyappan. On the left side of Perumal Sannathi is Saneshwara Sannathi, where Lord Shani and the Navagrahas is situated.

Adjacent to the center complex is Lord Anjaneya Sannathi and just at the corner outside the temple is Lord Nagaraja Sannathi.

The temple also has a multi-purpose hall called The Mahalakshami Kalyana Mandapam (Mahalakshmi Wedding Hall), a favourite place of the Indian community in Klang to have their weddings.

The entire space of this temple is befitted with air-cool system for the convenience of devotees.

Sri Sunderaraja Perumal Temple is now in the process of undergoing major renovations to restructure the temple area. It is planned to commence around November 2010 and end by 2014, with all the painstaking effort by the present temple president, Mr. S. Ananda krishna.

Various religious and spiritual activities are held in Klang Perumal temple all year long. But the most prominent of it is the Purataasi month celebration, the month dedicated to Lord Perumal. It is the month that falls between mid-September to mid-October, where many devotees of Perumal take strict vows to achieve spiritual conscience.

Month long prayers and rituals are held everyday and Saturdays of this holy month is celebrated grandly in festival mood. Lots of devotees from all over Malaysia and even the neighbouring countries throng to this temple from morning to night to pay their homage and have the grace of Lord Sri Sunderaraja Perumal.

The temple is also particularly packed on Deepavali with devotees eager to offer their prayers on the holy day.

Apart from religious duty, the temple is also very active in serving its responsibility towards the society. Every Saturdays, the free lunch program is held where lunch is cooked and sent to many less-privileged homes around the Klang district. Furthermore, it also arranges hospital visits from time to time to help the sick.

Recently, on November 2006, the temple was awarded with ISO 9001:2000 certification for its quality sustained contribution in religious, cultural and social service to Hindus. This is probably the first Hindu shrine in the world to receive an international quality service acknowledgement.

Onryō

Der Onryō (jap. 怨霊, zu dt. „Rachsüchtiger Geist“ oder auch „Zorniger Geist“) ist ein fiktives Geisterwesen der japanischen Mythologie. Er zählt zur Gruppe der Yūrei und gilt als bösartig.

Onryō werden als die Seelen Verstorbener beschrieben, die einen besonders langsamen und qualvollen, oft durch Mord oder Krankheit herbeigeführten Tod starben. Das Gefühl der Ungerechtigkeit und der daraus resultierende Drang nach Rache ist im Augenblick des Todes so stark, dass der Geist in dieser Spirale des Zorns und der Ruhelosigkeit gefangen ist und nicht ins Jenseits übergehen kann (oder will). Der Onryō ist für gewöhnlich gestaltlos, kann aber das Aussehen des Verstorbenen, aus dem er entwich, annehmen und sogar handgreiflich werden. Er kann aber auch den eigenen, ehemaligen Körper wie eine Marionette steuern. Manche Onryō sind so stark, dass sie von anderen, noch lebenden Personen Besitz ergreifen können und diese dann meist in den Selbstmord treiben. Auch typisch für die Anwesenheit eines Onryō können verschiedene Poltergeistaktivitäten, wie zerspringendes Glas und umherfliegende Möbel sein. Durch eine aufwändige Zeremonie namens Chinkon-sai (鎮魂祭, zu dt. „Totenmesse“) sowie durch Errichtung eines Schreins soll es möglich sein, einen rachsüchtigen Geist zu läutern und zu besänftigen. Er verwandelt sich dann in einen sogenannten Goryō (御霊, zu dt. „Erlauchter Totengeist“), der nun eine abgestufte Form des Onryō darstellt und nach seiner Läuterung in die Gruppe der Kami erhoben wird.

Der Glaube an die Existenz von Onryō entspringt dem traditionellen Shintoismus und kann bis in die Heian-Zeit (794–1185) zurückverfolgt werden. Heute glauben besonders Jugendliche an Onryō und deren gefährlichen Kräfte.

Zu den bekanntesten Überlieferungen eines Onryō gehört jene des Schreins Kitano Tenman-gū des Hofadligen Sugawara no Michizane (845–903) in Heian-kyō (Kyōto). Michizane, auch unter dem Beinamen Tenjin (天神) bekannt, soll durch eine Intrige vom Kaiserhof verbannt worden sein. Noch bevor das Fehlurteil gegen ihn wieder aufgehoben werden konnte, verstarb Michizane. Bald darauf soll Michizane als Onryō in Gestalt eines gehörnten Donnergottes zurückgekehrt sein und den Hofstaat mit Naturkatastrophen und ungewöhnlichen Toden gestraft haben. Daraufhin errichteten die Kyotoer einen Schrein, um Michizane zu besänftigen und sprachen ihm postum alle Ehrungen und Hofrangtitel zu, die ihm zu Lebzeiten verwehrt worden waren. Heute befindet sich, neben Kyōto, auch in Kyūshū ein sogenannter Tenjin-Schrein.

In der chinesischen Mythologie sind ebenfalls „rachsüchtige Geister“, Guī shā (chinesisch 鬼煞) genannt, vertreten. Dem chinesischen Volksglauben nach entstehen diese durch das Ausbleiben oder der absichtlichen Unterlassung einer würdevollen Bestattung des Verstorbenen. Sie sollen als Jīangshī (chinesisch 僵尸 ‚Wiedergänger‘) erscheinen.

Onryō sind ein häufig thematisiertes und populäres Motiv in japanischen Mangas, Anime und besonders Horrorfilmen. Bekannte Beispiele hierfür sind unter anderem Ju-on, Ringū und Dark Water. In diesen Filmen werden Onryō als Frauen in langen, weißen Kleidern und mit knielangen, pechschwarzen Haaren dargestellt. Nach einem gewaltsamen und ungerechten Tod kehren die Frauen als Rachegeist zurück und verfolgen ihre Opfer, bis diese selbst zu Tode kommen.

Animals as Leaders

Gli Animals as Leaders sono un gruppo musicale progressive metal statunitense nato per iniziativa del chitarrista Tosin Abasi in collaborazione con il chitarrista Javier Reyes e il batterista Navene Koperweis. Il loro omonimo album di debutto è stato pubblicato nel 2009 dalla Prosthetic Records.

La Prosthetic Records notò Tosin Abasi quando ancora militava nel gruppo metalcore Reflux e gli propose di produrre un album solista. Inizialmente il chitarrista rifiutò, ritenendolo „egoistico e superfluo“, ma dopo lo scioglimento del gruppo cambiò idea e decise di accettare l’offerta. Il nome „Animals as Leaders“ fu ispirato dal racconto del 1992 Ishmael di Daniel Quinn.

Il primo album del progetto, omonimo, fu registrato ad inizio 2008. Fu lo stesso Abasi a registrare tutte le tracce di basso e chitarra in collaborazione con Misha Mansoor dei Periphery che programmò tutte le parti di batteria e i vari effetti al sintetizzatore. L’album viene così pubblicato il 28 aprile 2009. Reclutato il turnista Matt Halpern, l’anno seguente gli Animals as Leaders si occuparono della promozione dell’album esibendosi dal vivo e partecipando, tra luglio e agosto, al Summer Slaughter con Decapitated, Vital Remains, Carnifex, The Faceless, All Shall Perish, The Red Chord, Cephalic Carnage, Veil of Maya e Decrepit Birth; la serie di concerti continuò con un tour di supporto a Circa Survive e dredg da metà 2010 ad inizio 2011 a cui ne seguì un ulteriore con Underoath, Thursday e A Skylift Living.

Dopo la partecipazione allo spettacolo di beneficenza della Croce Rossa intitolato alla House of Blues di West Hollywood, California, denominato Josh Barnett Presents the Sun Forever Rising del 26 maggio 2011, il gruppo si è imbarcato nel primo tour da headliner reclutando come gruppi di supporto Intronaut, Dead Letter Circus, Last Chance to Reason e Evan Brewer.

Nel giugno 2011 gli Animals as Leaders hanno annunciato di essere nella fase di registrazione delle tracce per un secondo album. Nella prima parte del 2011 Abasi e Javier Reyes hanno entrambi collaborato con il batterista dei Suicidal Tendencies Eric Moore e il polistrumentista ex-componente dei The Mars Volta Adrián Terrazas González al progetto T.R.A.M. (Terrazas, Reyes, Abasi, Moore). Nel settembre successivo gli Animals as Leaders hanno supportato i Between the Buried and Me nel loro tour europeo.

Nell’ottobre 2012 Reyes ha annunciato il suo side-project Mestis, pubblicando l’EP di debutto Basal Ganglia un mese più tardi attraverso la Sumerian Records.

Il 14 febbraio 2014 viene annunciata l’uscita del terzo album, The Joy of Motion, in uscita il 25 marzo dello stesso anno e viene pubblicato un primo singolo estratto dall’album intitolato Tooth and Claw. Si tratta del primo album con il batterista Matthew Garstka.

A metà del 2016 hanno intrapreso un tour assieme agli Intervals e Plini.

Campionati italiani di sci alpino 2004

I campionati italiani di sci alpino 2004 si sono svolti dal 22 al 27 marzo nelle località di Caspoggio, dove si sono disputate le prove delle discipline veloci (discesa libera e il super G), sia maschili che femminili e di Chiesa in Valmalenco per le specialità tecniche (slalom gigante e (slalom speciale), anche in questo caso sia le competizioni maschili che le femminili.

23 marzo.

24 marzo.

26 marzo.

27 marzo.

27 marzo.

27 marzo.

25 marzo.

22 marzo.

23 marzo.

27 marzo.

1931 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | 1943 | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1951 | 1952 | 1953 | 1954 | 1954 | 1955 | 1956 | 1957 | 1958 | 1959 | 1960 | 1961 | 1962 | 1963 | 1964 | 1965 | 1966 | 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1975 | 1976 | 1977 | 1978 | 1979 | 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016

Karel Treybal

Karel Treybal (* 2. Februar 1885 in Kotopeky, Okres Beroun; † 2. Oktober 1941 in Prag) war ein tschechischer Schachspieler.

Karel Treybal studierte Rechtswissenschaften in Prag und entwickelte sich, ebenso wie sein älterer Bruder František (1882–1941), zu einem guten Schachspieler. 1912 gewann er einen Wettkampf gegen Karel Hromádka mit 5-2 bei 4 Remisen. Im Ersten Weltkrieg wurde Treybal zweimal verwundet und geriet in russische Gefangenschaft. Später arbeitete er als Rechtsanwalt und wurde Vorsitzender des Bezirksgerichts von Velvary, einer kleinen Stadt in der Nähe von Prag.

Sein größter internationaler Erfolg als Schachspieler war das Erreichen des sechsten Platzes beim internationalen Turnier in Karlsbad 1923, in dessen Verlauf er auch den späteren Weltmeister Alexander Alexandrowitsch Aljechin besiegte.

Bei der Amateurweltmeisterschaft der FIDE 1928 belegte er mit 9,5/15 Punkten den 5. Platz.

Er spielte bei drei Schacholympiaden: 1930 in Hamburg, 1933 in Folkestone und 1935 in Warschau. Dabei erzielte er 22 Punkte aus 40 Partien. 1933, als er hinter Salo Flohr an Brett 2 spielte, errang seine Mannschaft die Silbermedaille.

Seine beste historische Elo-Zahl betrug 2606 im Juni 1925, damit lag er auf Platz 16 der Weltrangliste.

In der Zeit der deutschen Besatzung wurde er am 30. Mai 1941 verhaftet und beschuldigt, Waffen versteckt zu haben. Am 2. Oktober 1941 wurde er zum Tode verurteilt und unmittelbar darauf hingerichtet. Der Verbleib seines Leichnams ist unbekannt. In der Deutschen Schachzeitung wurde sein Tod im April 1942 kurz gemeldet, ohne auf die Umstände einzugehen.

Leyburn State School

Leyburn State School is a heritage-listed state school at Peter Street, Leyburn, Southern Downs Region, Queensland, Australia. It was built from 1883 to 1930s. It is also known as Leyburn National School. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 21 October 1992.

The settlement on Canal Creek (a tributary of the Condamine River) had grown from the 1840s to service the colonising settlers following the stock route blazed by the Leslie brothers in 1840 to the southern Darling Downs. Known from 1853 as Leyburn, the first sale of allotments was held in 1857 following the survey of the town earlier that year.

By 1872 a state school, an Anglican church, Police Station and Court House, two smithies, three stores, a sawmill and the inevitable three hotels made up the straggling wooden town centre of Leyboard along the road to Warwick. The town was described as „always a sleepy little town … whose calm was broken by the brief Canal Creek gold-rush in 1871-2 … clothed in dust raised by the slow passage of teams and flocks through the town“. Most men were either employed as carriers on the Toowoomba-Goondiwindi road or else worked on nearby stations, rejoining their families at their Leyburn cottages on Saturday night.

As one of the Darling Downs droving, drinking, and administrative centres located on the old stock and work-routes, significant government infrastructure was located in the town; from 1852 Leyburn became a postal distribution point for the district with mail services branching out from the town; in 1872 Leyburn was connected to the electric telegraph system becoming an important repeating station between Sydney and Brisbane; in 1861 Leyburn was appointed as a place for the holding of Courts of Petty Sessions, a Police Magistrate was appointed, and a lock-up erected followed in 1867 by a court house.

Leyburn’s first primary school (then called the National School) was established following the petitioning in 1861 by the local community of the colony’s Board of General Education. Reputedly the twelfth in Queensland, the school opened with an enrolment of 46 pupils on 13 January 1862 in temporary premises described as a small, dirty and uncomfortable hut pending the building of a more permanent school.

On 22 January 1865 the purpose built school house was opened. Funded by a combination of local subscriptions and Board moneys, the school was erected on the eastern side of the existing school site bordering a narrow lane. At this time the school site consisted of blocks 8 and 9 (block 7 bordering Canning Street being added in 1945). The new school house was, in the style of the time, a low set building. It contained a single large school room and an adjoining smaller class room with the main entry by way of a covered porch. A verandah appears to have been added to the rear at a later date. Contrary to the Board of Education’s recommendations, and owing to cost and time factors, the school was built not of brick but of timber (cypress pine). Soon afterwards, in fact, architect Richard George Suter was to convince the Board of the utility of timber schools and a number were to be erected throughout Queensland.

The bypassing of Leyburn by the western railways signalled its (and other similarly bypassed towns‘) decline; in 1868 the Toowoomba to Dalby link was completed and in 1871 the Toowoomba to Warwick link leaving only (yet significantly) the Goondiwindi traffic to pass through Leyburn. In the 1900s that too was destroyed with the building of the South Western railway line known as the Border Fence from Warwick to Goondiwindi (later extended to Dirranbandi).

The shingle roofed playshed was erected in 1883 to the west of the school house and teachers residence (erected adjacent to school house by 1877). Tenders for the erection of a playshed at Leyburn school were called in late 1882 by the local school committee according to plans and specification supplied by the Department of Public Instruction. It appears that the specifications may have been altered to allow for hardwood other than ironbark to be used as the committee advised that it was impossible to procure ironbark at the local sawmill.

William Clark’s tender of £151 completion in 6 months, although not the lowest, was accepted apparently on the advice of the Superintendent of Buildings who advised that Clark performed excellent work for the Department and is now engaged at erecting a new School at Merritts Creek. He also noted that material must be very difficult to procure at Leyburn as the prices generally are very high. By comparison for example a similar playshed with shingled roof was erected at Kalkie State School in 1879 at the cost of £59.

„Playshed“ is the name used officially as well as colloquially for these structures. They were commonly associated with early lowset schools and were superseded by the innovation of raising the school buildings on high stumps to provide shelter underneath. More recently however shade structures within the school playground have enjoyed a renaissance. Playsheds were not designed to facilitate any particular game (although the board for the game of „Stones and Glasses“ has been engraved on two of benches in the playshed) but rather were more general purpose spaces. In Queensland they were a response to the climate as well as a mechanism for dealing with a fluctuating number of enrolments.

Timber flooring was added to the playshed in 1887. The words „All are Welcome“ painted on one beam are believed to have been added in the early twentieth century. In 1973 and 1974 the playshed was reshingled with 10,000 iron bark shingles by the Parents and Citizens Association. An outline of the playshed forms the school’s emblem and appears on T-shirts and sweat shirts worn by the children and used on souvenirs for the 125th jubilee.

The existing (main) school building was opened on 20 October 1934. Following requests from the school committee and the Leyburn and District Progress Association for a new school and residence, the Public Works Department (who were at this time responsible for the building of schools) reported that the school was still sound but one of the most out of date on the Downs. It was recommended that the school and residence be sold for removal and new buildings erected in a different position.

The site chosen for the new school and teacher’s residence was on Peter Street. Both buildings were erected by Brisbane contractor DWT Holmes according to types developed by the Public Works Department. The school, costing some £283, was (in contrast to its predecessor) a raised timber building (providing play space under the school) with a single classroom for 40 pupils with verandahs back and front, part of which were enclosed to provide hat rooms. This type of school building (described as E/T1) was constructed between 1930 and 1946 and was a continuation of earlier types developed for country schools, although differing from its predecessors in providing more lighting, a lower pitched roof, and wider classrooms. Unlike the sectional schools built by the Department of Public Instruction (which formed the majority of timber schools erected after 1920), this type was not originally designed for expansion.

As a response to both a shortage of teachers and perceived inadequacies in their accommodation (particularly in rural areas), the Department constructed during the 1930s a number of new residences. The residences which provided accommodation for married male headteachers were thus used as an incentive to teach in country areas. In addition they were justified as providing a resident caretaker and cleaner of the site. The teacher’s residence at Leyburn, costing £700, was described as a standard number 3 type (D/R3) but with brick chimney. Constructed between 1929 and 1950, type 3 residences were timber framed buildings clad externally with weather boards except for the verandah walls which were single skinned vertically jointed T & G boarding. They contained three bedrooms and were generally highset. Atypically the Leyburn residence is lowset.

Soon after the opening of the school, the former school house and residence were sold and removed: the school was purchased by Robert R Colebon and removed to nearby MacIntyre Street where it is still used as a private residence; the teacher’s residence was purchased by Mr T Hutton of Pratten.

Since its erection, the school has undergone a number of changes. In 1951 additions costing £544 were undertaken involving the extension of the classroom and verandahs on the northern side of the building; in 1957 part of the eastern verandah was enclosed for use as a library; in 1959 additions costing some £2000 were completed to convert the building into a two classroom school. In 1976 a further addition (to the southern end of the building) included a library and health service room.

The school celebrated its 125th anniversary in 1987; in the same year the pool (used regularly by the local community) was opened. In 1995 approximately 40 children are enrolled with the junior school housed in a prefabricated building adjacent to the main building housing class rooms for the upper grades and offices.

Leyburn is a rural village on the southern reaches of the Darling Downs, some 50 km northwest of Warwick, on the banks of Canal Creek. The school grounds are sited on the western fringe of the township. The school building addresses Peter Street to the west, and nestled behind it beneath a canopy of camphor laurels is the playshed. To the south of the school building is the residence, to the north a demountable classroom block, to the east is the sports field and to the northeast is the tennis court, toilet block, swimming pool and change sheds. There are several silky oak trees to the eastern and western perimeters.

The school building has two classrooms used as one, an office, store and staff area. It is a high set timber building with gabled corrugated iron roof. The original classroom is lined with tongue and groove boards, and the newer areas are lined with fibrous cement sheet. To the west is an open verandah with bag racks. There are timber stairs to the front and rear. To the east is a small landing with the original school bell. Underneath is mostly open with remnants of old school furniture.

The Playshed is a symmetrical open timber structure, which is rectangular in plan. It has a gabled roof framed in large timber sections and clad in hand-split hardwood shingles. There is wide overhang on all four sides, leaving large gablets clad in weatherboard. There are metal ridge and hip cappings. The roof is supported on ten stop-chamferred square posts, about 140mm. (6″) square, which are bolted to buddy posts of a similar size, all set into the ground. There is triangular strutting to these posts which is also stop-chamferred, but some are replaced and some are missing. There are 120mm. (5″) square perimeter roof beams, and 190x70mm. (8″x3″) tie-beams. Where the struts are missing, the quality of the workmanship is evident in the precision of the recessed housings. As there is no internal linings, the quality of the timber and the workmanship are plainly evident when inside the structure. The words „All Are Welcome“ have been painted on the beam on the north side.

There is a raised timber floor, one step above ground level, with 150mm. (6″) wide boards. To the perimeter running inside the posts are timber benches, which leave entrance openings to the centre bay to each of the long sides.

Leyburn State School was listed on the Queensland Heritage Register on 21 October 1992 having satisfied the following criteria.

The place is important in demonstrating the evolution or pattern of Queensland’s history.

Established in 1862 and on its present site in 1865, the Leyburn State School (then known as the Leyburn Provisional School) is significant as one of the first of the colony of Queensland’s national schools.

Together with the other buildings and sites associated with the development of Leyburn in the nineteenth century, Leyburn State School is a symbol of the more prosperous times of the town and of government’s investment in that development.

The Playshed, together with the mature trees and (the second) school building and residence (both erected 1934) are important components which collectively demonstrate the development of the school site.

The place demonstrates rare, uncommon or endangered aspects of Queensland’s cultural heritage.

It is a rare example of a surviving timber shingled roofed building made more remarkable by the survival of its shingled Leyburn relative, St Augustine’s Anglican Church (1871). Perhaps to a lesser extent, timber framed buildings constructed with large sections of timber carefully jointed are also now uncommon.

The place is important in demonstrating the principal characteristics of a particular class of cultural places.

The school is an integral part of the Leyburn townscape which presents a remarkably intact example of an early Queensland township which serviced the Darling Downs, Queensland’s first settled and richest agricultural district.

Together with playsheds at Brisbane Central State School (1877) and Kalkie State School (1879), the Leyburn Playshed is one of the oldest surviving playsheds, a building type commonly employed in nineteenth century schools.

The school building (described as type E/T1) is a variation of an earlier type which continued to be used for small country schools. The residence is an interwar Type 3 teacher’s residence (also described as type D/R3) and is evidence of the continuing departmental policy of the provision of accommodation (for married male head teachers) as an inducement to teach in country areas whilst also providing the school with an onsite caretaker.

The place is important because of its aesthetic significance.

The Playshed has considerable architectural and aesthetic significance: it is a successful marriage of vernacular form and materials and is both a response to climate and a mechanism for dealing with fluctuating enrolments.

The place is important in demonstrating a high degree of creative or technical achievement at a particular period.

The Playshed has considerable architectural and aesthetic significance: it is a successful marriage of vernacular form and materials and is both a response to climate and a mechanism for dealing with fluctuating enrolments.

The place has a strong or special association with a particular community or cultural group for social, cultural or spiritual reasons.

The school has had a long association with the Leyburn community: as both the centre of local education and a focus for community activity.

The Playshed erected in 1883 has become an emblem of the school and local community.

The place has a special association with the life or work of a particular person, group or organisation of importance in Queensland’s history.

The school and residence are significant as examples of building types developed by the Department of Public Works for the Department of Public Instruction.

This Wikipedia article was originally based on published by the State of Queensland under licence (accessed on 7 July 2014, on 8 October 2014). The geo-coordinates were originally computed from the published by the State of Queensland under licence (accessed on 5 September 2014, published by the State of Queensland under licence (accessed on 5 September 2014, on 15 October 2014).